As we all know, adoption costs are a hefty burden on any family that is considering adoption, no matter their financial status. And with that, can often come scrutiny as to where the funds that are raised for adoptions are going. As many of our supporters will have questions, I wanted to dedicate this page to talk about what our adoption costs and timeline will look like. I want you to know where your money is going.
The Bulgarian waiting child adoption process is a very quick one in the world of adoption. Most waiting child adoptions happen within one year from putting in a soft referral to bringing the child home. That is a lot done in a very short amount of time. From the time of acceptance of a soft referral (about a month into the process), you then have six months to submit a dossier and home study. That is very very fast.
As a soon-to-be single mother, that’s definitely not money that I have to throw around. But, I know that I have been called to adopt, (1 Thessalonians 5:24) and I will drop everything and follow Him, (Matthew 16:24).
If you would like to make a donation to my adoption, you can do so by clicking below.Thank you so much for your support!
Cost & Timeline:
- MOJ Application Paperwork – Free | April 12, 2019
- Application Submission, paid to Bulgaria – 1,600 Euro | Upon Approval & Acceptance of Application |
Due June 12, 2019– PAID
- Agency Application Fee – $300 | Due with Application |
Due June 26, 2019– PAID
- Agency Fee July – $1,033 |
Due July 31, 2019– PAID
- Agency Fee August – $1,033 | Due August 31, 2019
- Agency Fee September – $1,033 | Due September 30, 2019
- Agency Fee October – $1,033 | Due October 31, 2019
- Agency Fee November – $1,033 | Due November 30, 2019
- Agency Fee December – $1,033 | Due December 30, 2019
- IAAME (Inter-country Adoption Accreditation and Maintenance Entity) Oversight Fee – $500 |
Due with Contract– PAID
- Dossier Fee – $5,500, & 1,000 Euro (special needs discount added) | Due 6-9 months after agency fee
- MOJ Approval of Dossier – 4,000 Euro (special needs discount added) | Due 3 months after dossier fee
- First Trip – $4,000 (special needs discount added) | Due shortly before travel
- Second Trip – $2,000 (special needs discount added) | Due shortly before trip
Total: $18,500 and 6,600 Euro.
These costs do not include:
- Home Study Fee 1 – $487.50 |
Due July 31, 2019– PAID
- Home Study Fee 2 – $487.50 | Due September 5, 2019
- Airplane Tickets
- Cost of staying overseas on your trips
- State and federal fees for apostles and authentications.
- CIS Fees
- Embassy Fees
- Mailing Expenses
- Other Third Party Fees
- All costs of preparing for a child to come home
All of these extra fees are likely to accumulate another $8,000 to $10,000.
Bringing the total cost to around $30,000.